Jake And His Boat

Once upon a time there was a boy named Jake. He had an old boat, he had got from his grandfather that died the year before. Jake was fixing his boat wondering if he could be in the boat-racing tournament, as his grandfather had been as a young boy. He fixed the boat. He painted it red and white and fixed the sail. Then he started practising for the race. It took days of hard work to get the right speed for the tournament. One day he decided for a break and to go to town for an ice cream, while he walked to town he saw a poster about the tournament. The tournament was on the 26th of October and today was the 24d of October. The day after there was a practice race. Jake went to the practice race exited but also nervous. When he arrived he saw some of his best friends there. He ran over to them. He asked if they were doing the practise race. They said no. They were there to see him. Then a man shouted all the boat to the starting lane. His friends said, “You can do it Jake!!” when his friends said that, he felt great. Then he went to the starting line. And the man said, “ready set go”. Jake was in the lead, but then a boy called Will went just in front of Jake. Then Jake sailed in front, then Will again and then Jake, they got closer to the finish line, and in the end Will won the race. Jake was not sad because he did come second. He went home ane got a good night sleep, to be ready for the real race was the day after. The next day he woke up early to go to the real race. Then all the other competitors arrived. And the man again shouted all the boats to the starting line. “Ready set go” he yelled. Jake was in the lead, Will was right behind him. Then it was near the end it was very close and so very exciting who would win? Will or Jake?. Jake went really fast and he finally won. The man was yelling, “First place Jake Lee!! second place Will Brown!! and third place Lachlan Gates!!” Jake was so happy. His friends came running to him and said, “well done Jake’’! And great work’’!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!