Candy Land

It all started out one night when I decided to go to bed. The last thing I remember was falling asleep when I could feel my body and mind drifting off into the unknown world of a secret place called Candy Land.
All I could see was a beautiful, big, deep, colourful forest, rich and colourful with a very strong smell of thousands of different types of mind blowing sugar rushing candy.
I decided to stroll along the forest bed floor down the beaten track when I discovered this very colourful riverbed with these amazing purple type looking lilies floating on the water. I decided to pick one and smelted it at first, it smelt like candy so I decided to take a bite. Well what a brain explosion experience that was, as I was eating this purple flowered lily.
The sugar rush was so intense, it just made you want more and more while my head was ready to explode full of excitement. I could not help myself, I had to go back for more and more and try other various flavours along the riverbed. I grabbed various types of all different candy and put it into my bag so I could take some home for my brother and I.
The bag was starting to get very heavy as I had all this delicious candy in it.
I was starting to get very tired and it must have been getting late by now so I decided that maybe I better get going home as I did not want anybody to know where I had been and I guess mum would be looking for me.
I tripped over running home as I did not want to be late home and that’s all I could remember when Mum was standing at the end of my bed and told me that it was time to get up for school.
I quickly got up out of bed and went looking for my bag to see if the candy was in my bag, but there was nothing in there, not one piece of candy.
How disappointed I was when I realised that the whole thing was only a dream and I did not want to go to school because I was very tired and it felt like I had not been asleep for very long.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!