Candy Store

Ring-a-ding goes the bell and I almost fell at the sight of that candy and the smell, oh that smell! There was all sorts of candy and the cotton type too and then a man stepped out with hairy legs down to the shoe. He rippled and roared with laughter and he croaked, “Little girl would you like some ice-cream, chocolate or some caramel swirl?!”
I told that big hairy man I had no money to pay and oh so kindly said, I could pay another day. So I ate lots of candy and my belly widened and that hairy man, he looked rather frightened.
He yelled, “Little girl, you’ve eaten it aII, aIl of the candy in my candy store!” And that’s when I realised he wasn’t very nice at all! He scoffed and he scowled, “Leave this candy store!”
I jumped up, running fast on my feet! But that man did follow me and he did repeat, “Little girl, eat something healthy like veggies not treats!”
I was starting to feel dizzy all around and that’s when it happened, I threw up all over the ground! That man watched in horror as I vomited it all out. That man was so speechless, he didn’t even shout!
That man groaned and moaned as he slumped back to his store. And I felt quite guilty so I stared at the floor, but I did not want to stare at the vomit I saw, so I looked to my side and saw another candy store!
But then when I looked outside of that shop, there was a lady with seal fur from bottom to top! I stared at that lady and she did stare back.
That lady, she shot me an icy glare. But I stayed strong as if I didn’t care. But on the inside I shivered from toes to hair. I decided to ignore her as I walked into the shop.
But to my surprise as I entered a man handed me a mop. I stared at that man blankly with no expression on my face. This new man looked at me sadly as if he had just lost a race. He croaked, “Little girl, look outside of my shop, there is a rather disgusting mess that looks like pig slop,” and
than I thought to myself, ‘Cleaning this mess was something I should do.’ This person wasn’t cranky like the other man, he was dull, pale and truly needed a tan!
I looked up at that man and commented, “Sir you don’t look rather fine” and that man said he hadn’t left his store in a long time. I told that man, “You need some sunshine!” So I pushed him out through the door and that man backed up as if freezing water had just touched his toes from the shore.
And it made that man rather happy to be outside. And pride was something I didn’t hide. That man was happy on the inside!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!