Candy Land

“Hi I’m Teigan this is my best friend Zoey. Zoey has blonde hair with baby blue eyes. She’s quite small but she doesn’t mind. On the other hand I’m quite tall with mud brown eyes and long black hair. Today will be the best because Zoey and I are going to Candy Land.”
Swiftly riding on the train line beginning our journey to Candy Land, I ask Zoey if she would like a fresh banana. Zoey says, “Why have a, banana when we’re going to Candy Land, I’m positive there will be something delicious there.”
Clamping tightly on to Zoey’s shirt, I start to hear a swishing sound, I look up and we’re whizzing through a portal to Candy Land.
Waiting patiently for their tour guide to arrive, Teigan and Zoey admire the colourful landscape filled with running chocolate rivers and marshmallow mountains. “Finally our tour guide is here,” says Zoey. “Hi everyone, I’m Goliath and I will be your guide for this afternoon’s wondrous journey through Candy Land.”
Walking curiously with their tour group, Zoey and Teigan stare at the Ginger Bread Village. Suddenly a ginger girl strides up and says, “Hello what are you?”
“I’m a human,” says Zoey “and this is my best friend Teigan.”
“She’s also a human.”
“Well it was nice meeting you,” says ginger girl, “but I must go now.”
“Bye.”
“Alright folks, our stop here is over, now we will be heading to Powerade Falls.”
“Wow, Powerade Falls is amazing, it’s exactly like a waterfall except it’s Powerade.”
“Let’s hop in,” says Zoey. “Stop, you must have a donut to sit in. Don’t ask me why, you just have to,” says Goliath. Sitting quietly with a straw in my hands, I ask a young boy what flavour this is. He replies, “Berry Ice.” I say “Thanks.”
“Ok folks, our stop at Powerade Falls is over, our new destination is Cinnamon Desert,” interrupts Goliath.
Pacing curiously, I come to a stop, I stare with amazement, because a wall as tall as the tallest skyscraper is staring down at me. I ask Goliath why there’s such a large wall blocking our way. Before he could answer me, we’re interrupted by an adorable colony of marshmallows. The marshmallows just smile and walk away. “Alright I can answer your question now,” says Goliath. “This wall isn’t blocking our way, we can go around it.”
“Why is it here?” I ask. “Well back in the candy verse veggie war, our land was in terror. Veggies invaded the land spreading unpleasant vibes. The Canadians fought back, they won. They built them a wall with land inside. No vegetable has ever come out of their land called Vegopilis.”
Running around the wall, I finally find an entrance. I sneak past security, with a loud bang, I blast open the entrance. Suddenly a Broccoli jumps into my arms and announces we should live in peace. So everyone decided to live in harmony.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!