You Are Not Alone

You are not alone
By Harriet Gatenby

“Why does she do this to me, why?” I sulked to the principal
Hello my name is Sierra and I am not a little girl in age but a little girl in height I am age 10 and am 125cm.. I love school but hate it. Here’s why, I love learning but hate recess and lunchtime, all because of Kat the school bully, well not really the school bully but my own personal bully and here is the story of that bully getting some sense spoken into her.
“Sierra I am here to help but why didn’t you tell me sooner?” questioned principal Martin.
“I was afraid Kat would do something mean to me or hurt me” I explained.
“Tell me how long has this been going on for” he said.
“About 5 years, she has bullied me since prep. It all started the day after my birthday because I got a nice drink bottle that she then stole from me and threw in the rubbish. She then started doing even meaner things to me like in prep she told everyone that I wet my bed in my sleep and then it progressed over the years like in grade 3 she made me pull my pants down in front of everyone and if I didn’t she would get her older brother jack to steal my iPad.” I said
“Well that is dreadful to hear, no one should be treated that way. You should have told us sooner, because we would have done something to help.” Said Principal Martin
At that moment there was a knock on the door. Principal Martin answered the door and the Vice Principal was at the door and said “Mr Smith is waiting to see you.”. Principal Martin said “I will see you tomorrow Sierra and we will sort this out”.
As I walked back to my classroom, someone behind me said “Are you dobbing on me?”. Before I could answer Principal Martin came over and said “Kat in my office now!”. I was so nervous about what she might do when she came out. To my surprise she did not come back to the classroom, she got sent home.
The next day I was sitting in front of my classroom waiting to school to start with butterflies in my tummy. Then the strangest thing happened. Kat walked up to me and apologised. This is what she said “I am really sorry about what I have done to you. I guess I just wanted to be more like you, so I made you feel insecure.”
I paused in shock and then said “thank you and make me a promise that you will never be mean to anyone again”.
She nodded
Later that day I went to thank Principal Martin for his help.
He really appreciated me coming to him to thank him for help.

I have now learnt do not keep problems to yourself. Everybody has a good side, you just need to find it.



FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!