Rachel's Adventure

Rachel stood staring at the headphones. She was very satisfied with the headphones until she heard a faint voice from a distance. Rachel had never heard of that voice but for some strange reason it sound quite familiar so she turned around and and it as a tall man that she had seen in her dream from two night ago. It was the man who saved her from the sprinting lion dangling on an apple tree in the jungle. The strangest part was he saved her with PVA glue. The man said to Rachel, "Do you want to come on an adventure with me to the Amazon Rainforest?" Rachel said, "Yes of course, when will we go?” she asked. "Tomorrow at 5:30am.” That night Rachel couldn't go to sleep so she told her mum, but her mum didn't believe her so Rachel said that she would prove it in the morning. The next morning Rachel snuck out of the house while her parents were sleeping, also she wrote them a letter and put it on her bed. The letter said, ‘Dear mum and dad, I was asked to go on an adventure, and also two nights ago I had a dream about going to the Amazon Rainforest so I said yes. I'll tell you about it when I get back next week. Love Rachel xxx.’
At 6:00am the next morning, Rachel was an hour away. Rachel really missed her parents but she didn't want to tell the man because she thought that he would get angry with her. Two days later, they were both walking around the forest and they found the monkey. Rachel had never seen a monkey before so she thought it was really cute. The thing was, Rachel didn't know what it was, but then the man shot it with a gun. It didn't worry Rachel because she didn't know what the animal was, but the man said that the animal is really evil and annoying. However Rachel ran away and then got bitten by a snake and was never to be seen again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!