You Are My One And Only

“Will you marry me?” I can’t believe that I just heard it. It was the thing I was waiting to hear for years. I was so over- whelmed but at that very moment, I had a flashback.
Sitting and looking at a love quote on my phone made me feel so great. How can love stories work so good? Some people have arranged marriages and some have love marriages but everyone has or had a love story. Why not me? I shake my head and told myself not to think about it again. I saw my best friend Bella walking towards me.
I said “Hey.”
“Hey, guess what? I am in a relationship with Blake,” she said a little too enthusiastically.
I felt jealous, she has always been popular. Red lips, blond hair, loud, she was perfect and I was the quiet, shy, red- head girl who was a little too weird to be popular but I don’t know how we ended up being best friends.
I said “Congratulations,” with a fake smile.
“Thanks babe, I need to go, I have a date with Blake in an hour, bye.”
“Bye.”
I decided to have a coffee. I went to Starbucks and sat there reading a book I have been waiting to read since I bought it. I saw this cute guy approaching me, I looked up.
He said, “Hey, what will you like to have?”
“A coffee please.”
I suddenly remembered the video of Taylor Swift’s song ‘Begin again’. I was in the pretty much same situation, but the difference was she believed in love and I don’t.
I stopped believing in love when my mother and father got divorced last year. We were a happy family, at least I thought we were but I never knew mum and dad had so much problems between them. Every time I think about it makes me feel sad. I took my book and headed towards the door to leave.
But then someone said, “Excuse me.” I turned around and saw the same guy who took my order.
“Wait,” he came running, “Here is your order.”
He was the cutest guy I have ever seen. I was speechless. He was nearly my age. Blue eyes, black hair, he was perfect. I don’t know why I didn’t notice him before, but at that very moment I fell in love with him.
Someone shook me and I came out of my dreams.
“Please say something,” he said with a tensed face.
“Yes Ryder, yes I want to marry you.”
He hugged me and said, “You are my one and only.”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!