Can You See Me?

Ashley held her face in her hands, tears soaking her soft, pale skin. A hand patted her shoulder and she looked up to see her mother's reddened eyes. She turned away and looked down the aisle towards the open coffin. It was her turn to speak. Slowly, she stood up, squeezed past her mother and began shuffling towards the podium. She stared around the room before she spoke.

"My father," her voice was shaking, "Was generous, loving," she paused, "And extremely hard working, but that isn't why we're here." Her voice lifted, "We're all here because he gave us something special, for many of you here, he gave you joy, happiness, life, something to live for."

"Cadoc Tadeo was a man of good will, he gave my mother the life of a child, he gave me life, and something to live for."

She looked around at the people who sat in the pews, "He was a good man, and we are all deeply torn to see him go," she finished and sat back down in her seat.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!