Candy The Reindeer


Candy is a magical reindeer who lives in Imagination Land. You can see Candy in your Imagination Land, if you try hard enough. Candy has short, white fur, as soft as fairy-floss, and a long, wavy mane with all the colours of the rainbow. Candy is good-natured, always seeing the bright side of things. If you lost your iPad, Candy would say, “At least now your eyes won’t get sore and tired.” He’s just that sort of guy.

One day, Candy was enjoying a walk in the snow covered pine forest, when a blue rabbit jumped out and cried, “Oh, please, Mister, you’ve gotta help me. Me and my sister was out chasing butterflies, when this big, demon-thingummy appeared in front of us, and my sister vanished into thin air!”

‘Let’s see,’ Candy pondered. ‘If I help my plans for a nice, relaxing Thursday are gone.’ He looked at the blue rabbit, and said, “Of course I’ll help you.” The rabbit looked hopeful. “Show me where you last saw the demon.” Candy instructed.

They arrived at a forest clearing, where the sun was shining through the leaves like a majestic omen. Suddenly, the sun was blacked out by something humongous. A pair of blood red eyes, closed to angry slits, glared at Candy and the blue rabbit, and grabbed them with its ebony claws. Candy struggled against the monster’s strong hold. Candy could definitely not see the bright side of this.

“You are the rabbit I saw earlier. WHY WERE YOU ON MY GRASS??!!!??” the thing shrieked, almost completely red with rage.

“Well, it’s actually not your grass, it’s everyone’s grass.” Said Candy bravely.

The monster gave him a death glare. He thrust a sharp finger at the grass in a frustrated point. “This,” he said, grinding his teeth, “is my grass. And this,” he said, pointing to the rabbit, “is my lunch.” He was opening his mouth, full of jagged teeth, ready to eat the rabbit, when a voice cried, “STOP!!”

Candy turned and saw a female rabbit, a light aqua colour, standing on the grass. The blue rabbit’s eyes lit up like stars.
“Poppy!” He cried. “You’re alive!” Poppy looked at her feet guiltily. “I’m sorry I never told you this, but I’m a TDF. Poppy’s brother cocked his head, looking confused. “A what?”
Poppy sighed. “A TDF. Telepathic-disappearing-figure. I can disappear into thin air using just my mind.” Her brother looked like a lightning bolt had hit him. “Oooohhhhhh….”

The monster listened, fascinated. Candy cleared his throat. The monster looked at him. “I think you should let us go”
The monster considered this for a moment, then said,
“We-ell, I suppose you could go.” Candy sighed in relief.
“Thank you so much!” He said.

Candy watched the monster sink into the earth and his two rabbit friends wave a thank you, and hop away. ‘Well.’ Candy thought. ‘All’s well that ends well.’ He trotted away, continuing his walk as if nothing had happened.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!