Natural Disasters

It was the middle of summer in Tralbourne it was the 24th of December, one day before Christmas, when they was a warning put out for an earthquake. People were preparing for the earthquake when all of a sudden thick black smoke started to appear. People were getting worried and started to panic. This city was half surrounded by forest but also half surrounded by the ocean. They could just here an alarm over all the people moving around in a panic. They thought it was just the earthquake alarm but it was actually the tsunami alarm. People were hiding in their homes waiting for the earthquake to hit when all of a sudden water started to run through theirs door, windows and other places. Everyone was confused because they had no idea where the water was coming from. Then a man named Darcy looked out towards the bay and saw a massive tsunami wave forming. He then went sprinting down the street yelling that there was a tsunami coming. People that heard him then looked at the bay and saw it too. People then started to panic even more. Some people ran towards the docks to get in there boats while overs tried to enter bunkers and other things that were concealed and wouldn’t be damaged by the tsunami. Then the earthquake hit… All the Electricity went out throughout the entire city. The entire city was in a mess, people were trying to get out to sea and get over the tsunami wave while others were trying to hid from the earthquakes but also stay away from the fire. Buildings were falling down everywhere, people would be running but then get hit by bits of building. They would end up dead or badly injured. Many people were dying or getting injured. The man Darcy was trying to calm people down and get them to safety. Darcy was also calling rescue crews and other people that could help evacuate people from the city. At this point everything was getting worse. People were being evacuated but others were still dying and getting injured. Darcy was trying to help others while trying to keep himself alive to. Then all of a massive tremor shook the earth. A massive crater appeared next to Darcy. He saw something fall into the crater just after it appeared. He then heard scream. He looked down into the crater and saw a young girl. At this point nearly everyone was evacuated. He saw a rescue chopper overhead and signalled them down. They landed and rushed over to Darcy. Darcy said that there was a little girl in the crater. They said they couldn’t get down in time. Darcy said they had to try. They said they weren’t going down there so Darcy strapped himself into a harness and started going down the crater. He got down to the girl and he heard the rescue crew yell that he only had a few seconds to get themselves out. Darcy took off the harness and strapped the girl in. he signalled to the crew to pull the girl up but as soon as he did water started to creep into the crater. The chopper then took off with the girl dangling below. Then the tsunami hit and the crater was filled with water. Darcy had drowned to save a girls life.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!