Candy Land

Once upon a time, in a faraway land called fitness land, lived a dragonfly and her children named Bonbon, Candy and Choco. Everywhere you went was made of fitness equipment. The footpaths were made of treadmills, the houses were made of dumbbells and the doors were made of skipping ropes. So you would skip one time and you would get in.
Five kilometres from their house was Candy Land, the most marvellous place ever. There was a chocolate fountain which Choco liked the best. There were candy houses which Candy liked and Bonbon liked everything!!! Once a month they would go there. The best month was December because there would be presents everywhere, as well as candy! They were in November now and tomorrow they were going. They were so anxious!
The next day they were so excited! They woke up at 6:00 am and shouted, “A whole day in Candy Land!!” They set off in their car. On their way, they were singing a song like this “We are off to Candy Land, Candy Land, Candy Land. I wonder what we are going to find at Candy Land?” When they arrived they got into eating the candy, but their Mum told them not to eat a lot, so they listened to her. They all had had about ten lollies each, then they went back home.
The next day when their Mum went to work and they were left alone, Candy came up with a brilliant plan to go back to Candy Land and have heaps of candy to make themselves sick! They started to walk there. It took a good fifteen minutes to get there. They started at the very back and worked their way forward. They ended up eating everything! By the end, they were as big as two balloons. There was no way they would be able to walk home, so they would have to call their Mum. Their Mum was so MAD!!
When they got home, they explained everything. Their Mum said, “You will have to go to people and ask them how to lose weight.” So they were off asking everyone but no one knew how to. When they got to the last person, he said, “Why do you have to lose weight? You are as skinny as a twig.” They looked at each other. They were skinny! They all shouted, “YAY all that walking paid off!” They would DEFINITELY not go to Candy Land in December! The end

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!