Camping In The Savannah

Greetings fellow people! I’m here to tell you a story. Anyway, it began 20 years ago when the Brown family packed for a vacation to Africa. Mr Brown thought it was an amazing opportunity for his family. Mrs Brown, Anna and Nate thought it was a horrible idea. An hour later they were in the car heading to the airport. When they got on the plane it took two and half days to get to Africa. When they got off the plane no one was there. Mr Brown said “Well this isn’t too bad.” They walked into the casino. “This is a mess said Nate.” They looked out the window and saw the beautiful sunrise of the amazing Savannah. The whole family said “Wow!!!” Mr Brown decided to camp out there.
The whole family agreed. So they got their stuff, went outside, found a big tree and set up camp. Mr Brown said “Well it turned out right after all.” Later when everyone was asleep a lion crept up and started growling. The whole family heard. They peaked outside and quickly and quietly snuck out and tiptoed to a tree and ran into the tropical rainforest.
Suddenly when they thought they lost him, the lion heard their footsteps and followed them. He finally saw them and ran as fast as he could. The Brown family looked back and sprinted away. A while later the lion ran out of puff, the Brown family kept running away. When they thought they were lost they tried to find their way back but it was no use. Suddenly three indigenous men came out from the shadows. They showed the Brown family back to their camp.
By the time they got back it was morning and the casino owners were waiting there. They looked back to the three wise men but they were gone. Then they got their stuff, walked back to the casino and got settled down in a room.
That night Nate dreamed about the indigenous people and why they saved him and his family. When he awoke the indigenous people were in his room. He asked them why they bothered saving him and his family. They said because “It’s our duty to help any life form.” Then they told him lots of stories. Suddenly he fell asleep. In the morning the three men were gone. He heard his mum calling him down for breakfast. He walked down stairs and had breakfast from that day on the Brown family had a happy holiday in Africa and they had no more problems.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!