Obruni Or Congo

Obruni or Congo
White or Black

The Obruni man withdrew from the cushioned leather seat of the mud-smeared jeep. By the way I am going to keep on describing people by Obruni and Congo, because the locals prefer it to be like that. Here goes so please bear with it.

“White Obruni help us help!” a Rastafarian man pleaded for help.”My daughter,put your pen into her burns and tumours, please help us!”

It was the people in the pictures back at Alexing High School that prompted him to come and save the lives of the dying tribes of Ghana. In the picture many of them had been affected by the Mazilka virus spread by locusts in their maize and corn fields.

Right now, everyone could only be healed by the enchanted wand of the white man, Dave Liverock. He was able to cure people and gain power and wealth. Although all was in his favour he still remained faithful and remained humble. This was because he had a special sympathy and love for the people of the Congo.

One day he was called to come to a Rastafarian Congo man’s dwelling to save his beloved daughter. This family was the affluent in all the land and this attractive young lady was the heiress to all their riches and splendor.

Unfortunately the elegant woman had recently been burnt due to a wildfire that had spread uncontrollably. The burns singed her pearly milk-chocolate brown skin. He dabbed the cedar wood onto her wounds and at that same moment they faded and she woke as the spectacular power rushed through her body like adrenaline.

Her eyes glimmered and the Obruni summoned up courage to ask for her hand in marriage. The family wholly agreed and everything went well.

Now.... the modern day fairytale/folktale is over so…….

There should be a they lived happily ever after but…. That lady was me.
We are very wealthy and live in a well furnished house with the homeless tribals. He does not take pride like other Obrunis do.

He has the body of an Obruni (white foreigner) and the mind of a Rasta Congo African(Native African).
Who is he?

Obruni or Congo?
White or Black?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!