Keeping My Room Tidy

One day I was playing with my kitten (quite happily) when all of a sudden this flaming dragon appeared. It had great big fangs, claws like a koala,
it was horrifying! Just kidding, it was only Mum (although sometimes she could pass for a dragon). Mum wasn’t in a very good mood (when I say she wasn’t in a very good mood, I mean she was fuming).
“Tess Lee Rawson!” she yelled, the fact that she called me by my full name means that I’m in BIG trouble. “How many times do I have to tell you to clean your room? I’ve asked you more than five times in the last hour!”
I thought that I should probably go and clean my room before Mum started handing out consequences. I took my time to get to my room because I absolutely hate cleaning my room. After I got to my room, I started cleaning (which is actually 1% cleaning, 39% complaining and 60% playing with things I just found). After I’ve picked up and folded about three shirts (and shoved the rest into any spare drawers) I thought it was time for a break.
Once I was rested, I did a bit more cleaning and shoving, I went and got Mum, who by now had promoted herself to fire-breathing dragon. Mum looked around my room and in all my usual hiding spots, but thankfully I’m not silly enough to use the same hiding spot twice in a year. My Mum eventually gave her seal of approval and I was allowed out to play.
That is just one of my room cleaning stories. Wait for the next edition to be out next year!!!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!