Gerald

Once upon a time there was a lonely elephant. He was lonely because he had lost his mum and dad. The lonely elephant's name was Gerald.
Gerald's mum and dad had been shot by hunters for their tusks, and Gerald missed them very much. His mum and dad were killed 13 years ago, he was 14 when they were killed.
Gerald lived in the savanna's of Africa.
So he set off to try and find another of his kind. Gerald soon came across some scary yellow lions. Gerald saw a whole lot of buffalo in a stampede, so he started running to get to the other side before the buffalos got to where he was. Luckily Gerald made and the lions didn't. He was safe for now.

When Gerald came across a rain forest he thought to himself that the might see some elephants, so he became desperate to find other elephants. He came across some vines, he thought that he could run into them and break them in one go so he ran into the vines, the first time he did it, it didn't work but Gerald broke 3 of them, the second time he did it he tried a bit harder this time and broke 7 ,this last time he broke 9. There was still 4 vines left so he twisted and terned till he got through. Gerald traveled a bit longer and found a herd of elephants that he fitted in. And then Gerald lived happily ever after.

THE END
Personal note - never kill elephant for their tusk's please

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!