Unexpected

Chase used his scrawny arms for leverage as he balanced on his knees, reaching for his scattered notebooks. Ignoring the culprit of his unplanned meeting with the wooden floor’s obnoxious laughter. He stood towering over Chase, his arms crossed arrogantly over his chest as he leaned on the wall of lockers. “Looks like you finally realised where you belong.” He smiled wickedly.
“Sorry to disappoint but I was so surprised to see a real troll, I tripped over my own feet in surprise. Turns out it was just you.” Chase retorted, pushing his glasses back up to the bridge of his nose, even standing he was shorter than the bulky blonde in front of him. His books now back safety in his hands, he sent the bully a mocking grin as he continued walking down the hall. Students glancing at him with sympathy and disgust. He hated it.
Making him miserable become a popular pass time in his school. Random students Chase didn’t even know would steal his belongings, trip him, or pull some other unoriginal prank. His green eyes were shining with unshed tears behind the protection of his fringe.
Chase’s train of thoughts derailed at the sudden shout. “Are you gonna let him get away with that?” The voice came from a dark-skinned boy a little ahead of him. Chase’s chestnut hair stood on end, anxiety like a brick in his stomach as he turned around to meet icy blue eyes. The senior, who had tripped him earlier, was now stalking up the hall with a deadly calm. His muscles rippling under his tight shirt as he grabbed for the collar of Chase’s shirt.
“Want to know where I got this from?” The blonde questioned Chase, revealing a long white scar that stood out against his arm’s tanned skin. Chase ignored the sound of footsteps running down the hall, letting his books fall to the ground in fear. The blonde chuckled, lifting his fist threateningly. “Got it when I was fighting a few punks last year. One of them had the nerve to pull out a knife and your about to find out what-”
The blonde didn’t get to finish before a girl with burning amber eyes charged into him, effectively knocking him over. Her chestnut hair pulled back into a dishevelled ponytail and sweat glittered on her forehead. Chase stood in shock, as this girl who was shorter than him took down a senior twice her size. She managed a proud smile between gulps of air as she looked at the wide-eyed boy on the ground.
A neatly dressed teacher pushed his way through the crowd of student that Chase hadn’t noticed gathered for the fight. Silently praising the girl before taking the boy to what Chase could only assume was the:principal’s office. Chase could only stare at the girl smiling crookedly at him as she giggling. “I can’t believe I got away with that.” That one sentence filled him with hope for a brighter tomorrow.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!