The Story Of Saint George

Once upon a time in the BC's there was a kingdom being distracted by a dragon large and fierce, every single week comes the dragon swallowing a whole family each, from then on the fear grew wild.

St George was once a knight defending the land. One day he saw some people taking the princess away away, when he saw this he asked, 'what in the name of the lord is happening here?' The people replied, 'It is the day of thy princess death by the dragon.' St George was astonished and said, 'I...will go instead of her.' And so as they reached the dragon's lair St George stabbed the dragon on the chest which made the dragon breathe its last breath and die.

Meanwhile the King and the kingdom was in great horror and sadness when the hidden behind the clouds came a knight, a princess and two guards march towards the castle.... 'Thank you so much for saving my daughter, I am so proud. I request that you shall marry her.' In a sudden saying St George said, 'no.'

A few days later St George died in the stocks for disobeying the King's commands. But St George knew who the real King was.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!