The Camping Trip

One day there was a man named Simon. Simon was 35 years old, he had a wife and two children, a 10 year old boy and a 9 year old girl. The family were planning to go on a camping trip, to Binjikara National Park. One week later, it was the day of their trip, the family were packing their last few items when suddenly, there was a knock on the door, but it sounded so strange. Simon went to go check the door, but there was no one was there.

After about ten minutes the family was ready. They jumped in the car and drove away. Two hours passed, they were nearly at Binjikara when they saw something on the road,it was small, but bright coloured, not to mention that it was night. The strange creature passed on into the bushes. “What was that?” Simon’s wife said in a deep voice. “I don't know, but it was strange”, exclaimed Simon.

They set up camp, had dinner and went to bed. The next morning they woke up and had breakfast. The kids wanted to drive to the waterfall, so they did. When they arrived at the waterfall, they trekked up the mountain. Once the family got back to the tent, they discovered large rips. “I'll go look” said Simon, as Simon looked into the tent he saw something eating the family's food. As Simon walked into the tent the creature lashed out.
Will Simon survive? Was it all a dream?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!