Can't Stop Dancing

I was sitting on the beach one day, trying to get inspiration of what I want to be when I'm older. I thought, why does every one want to know and why do parents need to know, every thing, like what I want to be ? Why can't I just do what I want to do ?

Then I found out that someone is coming to our class asking every one what they want to do when they grow up, and I guess I do need to start thinking about it because l am in year eight now. I thought I could be a lion entertainer, I thought more about this idea and i thought maybe I don't want my hand to be bitten off, so I wiped that off the list. Then I considered being a clown entertainer but then I realised, that you waste all your time blowing up balloons and making bad jokes.

Finally, I pondered being a dancer and I thought more about this and it was perfect. I could be a dancer, I’ve always been flexible even when I was little, I was really good at doing tricks and stuff. So I went to go tell my mum that I finally knew what I wanted to be when I'm older.

When I told her, her expression changed. She started telling me what she did when she was young, she started telling me how she was a dancer.

She said "I started dancing when I was three, I danced all the way up still I was twenty four, but I've never told you this story because when I was twenty four something terrible happened, that's why I've never gave you the idea of becoming a dancer. "

She then told me how she broke her leg.
" I was twenty-four. I was at the world competition of dancing getting ready to go on stage with my partner Ava Udovicic. We went on stage and started the dance. I began to attempt my arial in the air and I ran across the stage. In an attempt to catch me she tripped over a little bump in the stage and didn't get up fast enough to catch me. I landed on the ground and I sadly broke my leg, the judges even disqualified us. I never spoke to Ava again and I have never been able to dance since that happened.

Then mum jumped up and said," Ok time for school. if you want to dance go for it, just because I fell doesn't mean you can't follow your dream.

So we jumped in the car and we got to school. I was sitting in class and the lady came over and said to me,"What do you want to be when you grow up?" , and I said proudly...
"I don't know I will decide when I'm ready".

By Lucy Moxon (Grade 4)

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!