Genius


“Mother quick we are going to miss Math Mania” yelled Alice “I am coming with popcorn” replied Mother. Alice and her mother love watching a show called Math Mania, which is on every Sunday on channel eighty. Alice’s mother is a scientist and she has to leave tomorrow to go to New York to meet up with the scientist board. Alice is not allowed to go with her, because she has homeschool so she will be staying at her father's house for two weeks.

The next day, Alice said to her mother“Do you have to leave me? Can I come with you, please?” “Sorry darling I would if I could but you know the rules” answered mother. Alice watched her mother drive away, and when she was out of sight Alice walked inside and ran straight to her room at her Dad’s place and started inventing. Alice had been working on a time machine for about two years now. Many say time travel is impossible ,but not for Alice Grace Williams.

A week and a half after Alice’s mother left , she is once again in her room inventing , all of a sudden she started yelling “yesssssssssssssssss” and her father came running into Alice's room asking “Are you ok?” Alice then replied “Oh my gosh dad I just made time travel a reality” Alice’s father did not believe in science so he yelled back “DON’T BE SILLY” and stormed out of her room immediately. Alice’s happiness is now gone she is so disappointed that her father doesn’t agree with what she loves to do.

When her Mother came back she ran out with her bags ready to leave. In the car her mother asked “Are you ok? Did you have fun? Tell me everything I missed.” Alice responded in a angry voice “fine.”As soon as the two arrived home she sat Alice down and said “There's something wrong please tell me” “Dad didn't believe that I finally made time travel a reality” answered Alice. Alice then took her mother into her room showed her the time travel, her mother was in disbelief as Alice took her back to nineteen ninety- nine.

Alice’s mother rang everyone she knew to try and get her daughter noticed , unfortunately no scientist believed her.

One night Alice’s mother told Alice “I’ve got a scientist to come here,but you have to make him believe in time travel” “Thank you so much mother, I’ll make you proud.”

That night mother had prepared an amazing dinner to impress this scientist.
‘DING DONG’ Alice opened the door and greeted the scientist. Once dinner was finished Alice started up her time machine and pushed the scientist in and sent him back to the year two thousand when he came came back he had decorations all over him, you could see how much he loved it. From then on Alice has been all over magazines, tv and so much more. Alice Grace Williams will never be underestimated again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!