Maddison's Letter

BOOM! The sky erupted, fire was everywhere and people were running everywhere. The fire grew bigger and bigger. Whoosh, people’s lives were gone. All was lost except one little girl whose name was Maddison Cooney.
Time past, yes time past indeed. Maddison Cooney grew to be a kid because that’s what babies have to do. She learnt to sit and she learned to walk. She even took over her Dad’s old cabbage farm. But she was still sad because she had no family to love her.
But rejoice a miracle occurred. Maddison Cooney joint the army to have company. She still missed her family but she knew that they would have been proud of her. One day when Maddison was training a note came to the door, it said ‘I AM COMING FOR YOU MADDISON COONEY. YOU’VE ESCAPED ME ONCE BEFORE.’ Maddison looked at the note and saw a bloody fingerprint. She ran back to warn the town and army. Maddison didn’t understand. She felt a bit delirious. Soon everyone in the Kingdom was talking about it. Even the King knew about what had happened.
Maddison decided to find the man who had sent her the letter. People were starting to get worried.
Two months later and Maddison had lost hope, for who could ever find the man. What if he did something bad to the town again? Maddison knew she had to find the man before he found her. Every day she would look for the man but there was no sign of him anywhere.
Until one day when Maddison was going back to camp she saw a flash of green in the distance. Maddison ran to see what it was but there was nothing there. Then she saw a scary shadow that looked like a person. Maddison turned quickly to try and see who it was but again there was nobody there. Maddison went home feeling queasy and scared about the shadow. Maddison knew she had seen something there. But what had it been? She turned back to the bushes but couldn’t find anything except a little bit of blood.
The next day at training she was sword fighting and noticed that the General looked like the shadow she had seen last night. She ran to talk to the King. When the King came to camp the next day the General was nowhere to be found. Maddison took some of the blood she had found on the rock and found that it was goblin blood. She knew that goblins were allergic to cabbage. Maybe the general was a goblin.
She searched everywhere and found him hiding in a swamp. She threw all of her cabbages at him. He died and the Kingdom was safe once again. Since Maddison had been so smart and brave the King took her to his palace as his daughter and new Knightly leader.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!