A Little Bit Of Luck

BOOM! I hear the lightning strike, I look out my window and sitting on the ledge is a black cat licking his paw. I have a bad feeling about this, because tomorrow is Friday the 13th.
The next morning I found myself lying on the floor with my water all over me. I got up to get ready for school but there was only one problem; I didn't know where my tights were.
I checked the clothes line but they weren't there. So I asked my Mum. "Mum! Where are my stockings?"
"They're in the washing machine. "
When I got to the washing machine I saw that my stockings had turned pink. But I had to use them because I had no other
stockings.
When I was pouring my milk into my bowl I realised that it was apple juice not milk. Oops!
When I had replaced it with milk and I was finally eating something, I spilt it on my shirt! But I had to wear it because my other one was in the wash.
When we went to school I realised I forgot my school bag, but it was too late. "Bye Mum!"
I ran as fast as I could because school was about to start. I got there in time for the first period, sport, but everyone had already gone to the gym. I really didn't want to miss gymnastics because I love gymnastics.
I got there just in time for the first activity, the bar. I'm so good at the bar because I can do flips and actually stay on it, but today was different. I couldn't even hold on to the bar. I just slipped off!
The next activity was floor routines. I'm also really good at this. I can do front flips, back flips, cartwheels , somersaults and back bends. This time I was stuck in the back bend position for the whole sport lesson, and ended up going home.
On the way home the car broke down and we got stuck on the side of the road for two hours. When we finally got home I went to feed the dog but we were out of food. When I walked into my room all of my friends were sitting and talking. I realised it was my Birthday today. We were all sitting in a circle and everyone was giving me their presents. "This isn't such a bad day after all".
Then when we were eating dinner in the middle of talking I fell off the chair! I had spaghetti all over my pyjamas, but luckily I had a spare pair.
When we were brushing our teeth we decided that we would draw monsters with the toothpaste on the mirror to scare my younger brother.
That night when Mum was saying good night I was thinking that this was the best day ever because of the black cat licking his paw. To me black cats are always lucky!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!