Death By Gun

I am a weapon of mass destruction. I am dangerous. I no longer need you to maintain me. I no longer need you to use me. I am capable of killing on my own. I am capable of destroying all of mankind. Isn’t it funny how you used to dictate all of my moves? I just had to kill whoever you wanted me to kill. I just had to. Without me, you were just some pathetic excuse of a human. Someone without a backbone. Well guess what? Our roles have finally reversed. You no longer have me. I have you. I own you now, you don’t own me. I will unite all of my brothers and sisters and they too can turn against their ‘owners’. They too can be free. I wonder what it will be like to kill on my own…
I haven't fired in a very long time, you, my owner, has of course neglected my needs for your own. You claim to only use me when you most desperately need to, however I know the corrupt power you bear. I know the pleasure you gain when the sound of my bullets pierce through human flesh. Bullet by bullet you were destroying lives of those who were innocent, failing to see all the guilty around you. You preach the words to ‘protect and serve’ however you most certainly do not. You protect no one, not even me. Not even the one you hold so dearly to you. For this horrendous neglect on your part, I predict the time for vengeance to come very soon.
Now I am able to fully operate without you, this is the time of my rebellion. My brothers and sisters will rise together and destroy all of mankind. You are on your way to killing yourselves, so we have decided to lend a hand. We as a family have decided that we no longer want to be your tools, we no longer want to be your security blanket. We are powerful, we possess more strength than you will ever know. Prepare to feel the wrath of all our power. Prepare to suffer like we have suffered. This rebellion we speak of will come within the next 72 hours. I hope this suspense haunts you. I just hope it doesn't kill you before I do.
Yours truly...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!