The Bad Luck Streak

Once there was a little ant, he was just a little ant but he was the richest ant in the whole world. One day the little ant decided to change his name to SQUASH and that very same day he started to eat the vegetable SQUASH!
One day he decided to go into the woods in search of a squash, but when he got to the old squash fields all of the squash were squashed. He went deeper into the woods and he found the last remaining squash in the whole of the woods and it was also the biggest and juiciest squash he had ever seen but all of a sudden…squish, squash, splat, squash got flattened. So he called the ambulance which took one day and one hour to get to him and the same amount of time to get back to the hospital.
After Squash got out of the hospital he went back to get the juicy squash and took twenty steps… Splat! Squirt! Squash! He got squashed by something very large with what looked like leaves on it.
Every time poor Squash took 20 steps or more, he would again get squished (luckily he wore a special helmet on his head!). By the time he got the juicy squash out of the woods, he was thoroughly exhausted and aching all over with pain. The thought of the delicious squash salad he was going to make kept him going!
As he reached the edge of the woods, he soon learnt who was squashing him. It was a huge creature who didn’t like him one little bit. This huge creature was the leafy wood dragon (who was extremely fond of juicy squash and didn’t like to share his favourite food at all!).
After Squash had finished his delicious, juicy squash salad he had a lightbulb moment and realised he was utterly sick of all this squishy, squashy business and decided to change his name to Barry. In addition, he broadened his interest in food by eating a range of different edible delights. The next day it was Barry’s birthday, he got lots of presents. However, when he opened his last present it exploded - it was a trick present. When his parents and 9000 brothers and sisters and 9,000,000 cousins and 19,009,000 grandparents left he went outside to ride on his new bike and suddenly…screech, slam, crash he crashed into a car and this time it was his doing he got injured he wasn’t looking where he was going so he had to go to hospital again. He had a broken leg, a broken antennae and a broken arm. When he regained his strength he road on the cycling road and he never got injured again so he lived happily until he died.
The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!