Unexpected

"How did this happen?" I whispered to myself in horror.
I stared back at the dead body, soaked in blood, lying on the floor, and then back at myself and the blood smeared across my face. I don’t remember how I got here, or why the woman lying on the floor looked so horrid and messed up. All I remembered were several blurred visions of fighting and struggling and then waking up on the floor next to her with a knife in my hand.
I looked around the dark, old bathroom, trying to find out what happened. All I saw were lots and lots of smears of blood and strips of toilet paper spread across the floor. I carefully stepped across the floor, back to the body of the woman and kneeled down next to it. I could clearly see the wounds made by the knife but I didn’t know if this all happened because of me.
I carefully searched her pockets, trying to find an identity card or anything else that might help me find out something about her. All I found was a ten dollar note and an old gum wrapper. I decided to keep the note, considering it might help me get out of here.
I slowly stood up and walked around the body and exited the bathroom. Outside I saw a deserted restaurant with glass shattered, tables turned over and decorations smashed to bits. I tried focusing about what happened here but I couldn’t remember anything and from the type of clothes I wore I didn’t think I came to the fancy restaurant to eat. I walked towards the back of the room and went inside the kitchen to find something to eat. I didn’t know when the last time I ate was but I was extremely hungry and I didn’t know when I would find food next. I found some cold chicken soup and quietly ate in silence.
After finishing my small meal I walked outside the restaurant and started looking around. It was dark outside and there was nobody around. The restaurant was located in some kind of golf course and the only building nearby was the gift shop which had been smashed. The grass all around me was scraped and ruined and all the flags torn down. My heart began beating faster and faster as I began to feel more terrified of my surroundings.
I ran around the grounds until I found a car park with one car left intact and the rest smashed and broken. I ran towards it and when I was almost 2 metres away the car’s lights turned on and the car started accelerating towards me. I ran back towards the buildings and went inside the gift shop. I heard the sound of footsteps behind me as I ran towards the storeroom at the back. I tried closing the door behind me when something heavy hit my head and I fell hard against the cold floor and saw black.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!