A Book Reader's Wish

A Book reader’s wish

I picked up a book, it was very detailed. The cover had a spiral pattern that was alluring. I skimmed my hand over the pattern. I flipped it over to the back to read the blurb, surprisingly there isn’t any just a price tag and that’s it. My love for books is unpredictably big so bought it. Even though New York had a lot of bookstores Big Bear’s Bookshop was my favourite. I opened my apartment door, and with a smile I entered my apartment.
I sat down, grabbing the book and placing it between my hands. It was blank?! Confusion struck me as I kept on flipping the pages. But there was this page that was different from the rest. It had the spiral pattern imprinted on it. I traced my finger on the words that was written
‘Say your wishes
And end it with your kisses’.
Ah! I always wanted all my favourite books, collaborated, hah I want Celena and Jaron sparring together! Oh how this thought thrills me, I opened the book wider. “I wish all my favourite books were collaborated!” with excitement I kissed the centre of the spiral…….. Of course it wouldn’t work, how stupid of me. I rested my head on my pillow going into a deep slumber. But without my knowledge the book was glowing and finally disappeared into dust, and I disappeared with it.
Blinking fast I looked around, trees, grass, flowers were everywhere, ‘what happened last night?’ I thought. I picked myself up and took another glance at the fields.
“Where am I?” I whispered.
“You’re in YFB”.
I quickly turned around, it was a tall good looking man whose jaw can cut cheese. “What is YFB?”I questioned.
“YFB stands for Your, Favourite, Books. And I, James Sion, is the person who manages the place from your weekly favourites to your requests and recommendations. And your wish will be delivered, just like you wanted” he answered.
We walked to a castle and went inside it. I looked around with an amazed face. “Like what you see?” James teased. “Yes, but the features are very familiar to me!” I exclaimed,
“Duh it’s Jaron’s castle” he informed me as he went to the side to reveal Jaron’s throne, I rushed to the throne admiring the neatly carved details, I had my hand on the fabric.

James and I went sight-seeing around YFB. I saw all my favourite characters,and I was really happy that I met them.

I was very tired so we went back to the castle.
“Hey Ariel” James asked
“Yeah?” I replied
“You do know that when you wake up you’re going to be in your world right” he said sadly.
“Unfortunately yes,” I answered.

“Goodnight Ariel” he smiled.
“Goodnight James” I replied.


The next day I woke up and started the day with a smile.


But….. The book whispered “you still have more wishes to fulfil Ariel”.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!