ZERO TO HERO

Once upon a time there lived a little girl. Her name was Madelyn. She lived on a farm with her family in the country side. On that farm there were all the animals you could think of. There were cows, sheep, horses, pigs and so much more. Madelyn loved her little life, she couldn’t think of a better way to spend it. When she woke up she would race out of the house to grab the chicken eggs, fed the horses and milk the cows. But little did she know that something, something big was coming. Something that she would not have even thought was possible, something that she had not prepared for, something that would change her life forever. So Madelyn was just doing her normal daily routine when something caught her eye. It was an aeroplane. But it didn’t look right. It looked like it was falling and it was heading her way, and fast. So she ran as fast as her little legs could take her but she wasn’t fast enough! The plane came down and knocked Madelyn over. She was lying on the ground when something weird happened. The aeroplane opened and right there, in that aeroplane was Madelyn’s grandfather! “But grandpa, I thought you were dead!” asked Madelyn. “Yes, I am Madelyn. I have come down to Earth from heaven to see you.” replied Madelyn’s grandfather. “But why have you come to see me?” questioned Madelyn. “Because,” answered Madelyn’s grandfather “With 5 grandsons and you as my only granddaughter I think you stand out from the rest so I have specially chosen this day for you to take my place as Shooter man.” Madelyn immediately took action as she fired all these questions at her grandfather. “How did you come back from the dead?” “How did you get this aeroplane?” “When did you decide to do this?” but her grandfather just said “I will answer that later.” Madelyn’s grandfather took Madelyn to his secret bunker and then gave Madelyn an explanation of everything.
There were:
.The weapons (Guns)
.The map of the city
.The defence (Shield)
.The suit (Long pants, long sleeve shirt, mask and cape)
.The motto (Wherever you go, wherever you are, you are Shooter man, I know you’ll go far.)
After all of that Madelyn’s grandfather took her to do an obstacle course to test Madelyn’s abilities and push her to the end. Then he would see if Madelyn would be able to become Shooter man. Now Madelyn did very well so she got to become Shooter man. So from that day forward Madelyn protected the city as Shooter man and no-one except for her grandfather knew Madelyn’s real identity. And as for all of Madelyn’s questions, just before he left Madelyn’s grandfather answered all of them. Madelyn was still confused about her grandfather, but that whole time he was just A GHOST.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!