Racing Rally

Racing Rally!

Once there was a boy named Zac. He was a regular boy who wished to be a rally car driver. He was a poor boy with a poor family; he lived in a medium sized shed with silver painted coat on it. Once he got a ticket to train for one day like real racers do. He felt so exited!

When he got there, he got to meet his favourite driver, Alex the dominator! He had won nearly ten championships in a row! WOW! When they got started, Zac was doing well.

Zac was a great driver and the other drivers thought and thought then... the drivers thought that he was so good, that he got to be a rally race car driver at the age of ten. He felt so exited to tell his family. When he told his family, they were really proud of him.

A few weeks later he got a letter and it said, he had a race coming up, and the prize was $100,000! His family said, he had to win the race, to get money for the family, so they won’t be poor!

It was only 3 days until the race and Zac was getting prepared for the race. He was learning how to drive fast and smooth and trying not to crash. On the last day before the race he got his licence and was ready! They had a practice race and he did really well but he had to put the pedal to the metal, and go REALLY fast!

It was race day and the family said “good luck”. READY… SET… GOOOOO! The race started. There was four laps and they were on their first lap. Someone crashed on the first bend! A few others crashed too, but Zac didn’t. The track was wrecked and destroyed so they had to wait a till it was fixed.

A few days later Zac was practicing in the paddock lucky he didn’t crash, otherwise he would have to wait longer for the race. Then the race day came. He was very worried that he might crash, and wouldn’t be able to win. He took a deep breath, counted to ten, and after a minute he heard these words, READY… STEADY… GOOOOO!

The race started. The first obstacle was a ramp. He jumped; he landed very soft (he didn’t expect that). Next, he had to do a skid (he thought it was a bad thing to do, but it is a rally race, so he did what the other race drivers did). Who will win? It was a race to the line. There two cars in it. They sped across the line and there was a photo finish. ZAC WON THE RACE!!! His family was extremely proud of him.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!