Pale Eyes

It was a late night,a storm was brewing. My husband and I were enjoying eating pizza in our gorgeous home we shared. You could hear the storm picking up outside howling and shaking the house,I knew I was safe from this storm,told by my pa to never touch metal during storms. He was my only family member I had left, after my parents died horrifically in a car accident 10 years ago.
My husband informed me he had to go to attend work as a security guard. I didn't think much of it,until I heard the sound of scratching like fingernails on a blackboard coming from upstairs. My husband didn't hear anything,but I was sure I heard something. Little did I know,that the next events would change my life forever.
We had a cat called Bobby,he could of made that sound; but bobby died two years ago. I needed to find out what was here or who was here. My husband yelled out saying he cancelled work to spend the night with me. I told him I heard a sound upstairs,he shrugged it off but I couldn't. So I went looking upstairs and as I reached the top stairs a hand reached out and dragged me in. I was screaming for help,thrashing about. Whatever it was it wouldn't let go. It dragged me to the dog cage and shoved me in.
I could hear my husbands screams,I wanted to stop him from getting dragged in. He stopped at the top of the stairs looking around to find me until he made eye contact with me,he bolted over trying to free me I grabbed onto him through the bars. I was in too much shock to notice the creature grab a hold of my husband and throw him across the room and I fell back and hit my head,black spots in my vision. I couldn't make out my husband or the creature.
I couldn't stop screaming,waiting for a reply. That thing slowly approached me,I was bawling. It mumbled “he's dead”, I forced myself not to believe that,he couldn't be dead,we were meant to spend the rest of our lives together. I knew what I had to do, I played dead,it responded immediately screaming at me,the second it unlocked the cage I sprinted out,pushing it in. It screams were frightening, I knew I had to dispose of it.
Happy that I lived near a lake,I strapped it to my truck and drove down towards the jetty where I pushed it over the edge,watching as its pale eyes stared at me as it sunk. I raced home to see my husband,my memory was slowly coming back only to come home and see the creature in a pool of blood. A note lay on the ground “darling you blacked out,you couldn't tell the difference between me or the creature,you pushed me in the cage”.
I couldn't breathe,heaving,gasping for air; it was too late I killed my husband.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!