Getting Braces On At The Dentist

“What a nice day it is,” Georgia said to herself. But then suddenly she remembered, one TERRIFYING fact. She had to go to the dentist TODAY to get braces on. She thought that she would actually die, as all of her friends who have braces on said unanimously, “It KILLs!” Georgia was PETRIFIED!
‘Ding dong’ the school bell rang. Everyone zoomed out of their classes like wild cheetahs, but only one person walked out very slowly, Georgia, she didn’t want to go to the dentist at all. Her mum though was waiting for her outside the school. Georgia begged her mum, “NO BRACES!” but sadly her mum disagreed.
So off to the dentist they went.
While they were waiting at the dentist, they heard a gentle voice, “Georgia could you please come in,” the dentist said. At that moment, Georgia was so scared, she was about to faint. Then the dentist asked, “What movie would you like to watch on tv?”
Georgia was thinking … “What could help me to relax?” Then It was Boss Baby! “Ummm... could I please watch Boss Baby?” asked Georgia. “Sure thing!” the dentist replied. So while the dentist was busy putting Georgia's braces on, Georgia was enjoying watching Boss Baby.
About two hours later, the dentist said to Georgia, “YOU HAVE BEEN MY BRAVEST PATIENT EVER.” Georgia smiled and confessed, “Thanks, but earlier I felt very nervous.”
So later on….the big reveal happened! Georgia saw for the first time her braces in the mirror! “Wow!” she exclaimed. The dentist gave her some tips about how to take care of her braces. When Georgia went home, her mouth did feel a little bit weird but she remembered that the dentist said it will take A while to get used to them.
The next day Georgia went to school and her friends rushed to see her new, colourful braces. There was also a rumour going around, that there’s a new dentist in town. Georgia couldn’t believe her ears. Her dentist took a 6 month long holidays!!!
So after school Georgia asked her mum if she could go to meet the new dentist. Her mum was a bit confused but they decided to go for a quick look.
Georgia’s fears emerged again, when she had to visit the new dentist for a check up on her braces. This dentist is CRAZY!! He is not gentle, he doesn’t smile, he smells, his hands are heavy! And worst of all, he doesn’t allow tv on, because it gives him headaches.
For the next 6 months she had to see him at last 10 times. THAT IS TORTURE!!
Georgia screams could be heard all over the neighbourhood, “I hate my braces...I hate the new dentist…”
But one rainy day, all of the sudden the new, crazy dentist got fired.
And, at last, Mr William came back and everything was back to normal. It’s the best dentist ever!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!