Zombie Apocolypse

I lay asleep, not noticing the thudding on the glass next to my bed. CRASH!!! Shards of glass burst everywhere as an army of bright green human lookalikes came into view. As slow as sloths they entered my bedroom.
Their faces, eyeless. Bite marks spread across their ears. Worms sprawling out of their schnozzles. With their legs bent awkwardly backwards, they staggered towards me. For some strange reason every tiny shiver grew to an enormous spring erupting from the ground. I leaped out of my bed and sped to the pine door. I twisted the handle, but before I could even start to bolt to my parent’s room, I got a colossal shock, there in front of me was an apocalypse of the same strange creatures. They stared at me with their unusual blank looks. Steadily they bobbled towards me. As a reflex, I zipped closer and closer until I finally snuck in my parent’s room. The corpses still squirming in the direction of us, like a haunting shadow of the night. I sprung on top of my dozing parents. Their eyes shot open. Confused, they stared blankly at me. “ZOMBIES!” I shrieked at the top of my lungs. “ZOMBIES, ZOMBIES!!!” I screeched piercingly. Suddenly splinters exploded from the carefully carved access point bursting from everywhere, sinking deep in our skin, like it was a quick sand pit. Then there they were again. The injured beasts slowly took their time to ramble towards us, I stood, frozen in place with each second feeling like eternity. Clutching my memory-filled skull, an individual corpse sunk his 4 toothed, deteriorating, salivating jaw into my petrified, frozen, juicy cranium.
I felt a sharp stab being created in my neck. SLURP, my brain slid out of my head like it was jelly. In an instant, my spaghetti body drooped to the ground. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how John Peterson died.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!