Undisclosed Messages

“Bzzzzt,” my phone vibrated signalling possibly the worst news that anyone could ever receive. It was so bad that my eyes began to water as if I was cutting an onion. It was so bad that I wanted to crawl into a deep hole and cry forever. I had been dreading this email for the entire day and now it was real. Ever since I heard the news on assembly I knew that bad luck was going to come my way. I could just remember the horrible day I had. My head was in a fog as I walked around the school. I headed for the toilets to try wash off the stressful feelings. I opened the heavy metal door and stared at the ground not wanting anyone to see the horrible state I was in.
“Oi get out the boy’s toilets.” I turned around and saw a brown-haired boy with blazing eyes.
“Eeep” I squeaked, turned on my heel and sprinted out the door.
I staggered over to the bubblers and splashed my face. I squared my shoulders and took a deep breath, I was ready, ready to face Maths. I sat down and felt sorry for myself and thought about how lucky everyone was to be having a normal day while I was thinking of ways to get on a plane and take a one-way trip to China.
“Miss why are you in my class”
I looked up to see a strange male face looking at me expectantly.
Then quickly realizing that this was not my maths class I turned a bright shade of crimson. I could feel the stares of the strange children as I bolted out of the room. Finally, it was lunch. I scarfed my wrap and headed to sick bay.
“I’m sick miss,” I stuttered trying to make my voice sound shaky so she would believe that I really was sick.
“Well you look very pale and clammy, quick get in bed and I’ll get you some medicine” she fussed
I staggered over to the bed and lay there thinking about what a horrible day it was. I knew that I couldn’t stay in sick bay for long, I had to get back to class as soon as the bell rang or they would call mum and dad, and I knew that they couldn’t take any time off work. I could feel the stares of other kids as they saw me lying in bed and pouting at the ceiling. Why me I thought. I don’t know how long I was in sick bay but I do remember the nurse telling me it was home time and to rest at home. I sat, on the bus and opened my mail to check if the mail really was there or if it was just me overthinking it. But no, it was there, the very message that caused me grief and embarrassment during the day.
“Get brainy by joining the school’s maths club ”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!