Zoo Mayhem

Bump bump. I was feeling sick. "Mum, the road here is so bumpy I'm starting to feel sick".
"Well, you'll just have to wait until we get to the zoo!"
Eventually we got to the zoo and I got the taste of fresh air. Once we paid, we rushed to the baboons. Most were hiding but one stood out. It had black fur, a long tail and a funny red butt. Meanwhile mum had run off without telling me. Losing my mum in the zoo suddenly gave me that feeling of dread. Minutes later I was searching for her. Then I found a really tall tree, much bigger than the others. I could see a squirrel guarding its insanely oversized acorns. The squirrel picked off an acorn then dropped it on my head. I looked up to see that evil squirrel laughing at me. So I picked up the acorn and ripped it open. Seconds later I was fifty feet tall. Soon the squirrel and its friends were scattering away. I could see over the trees and the whole park.
"Is that? Mum!" I ran towards her, I was so excited to see her. I shrunk back to normal size.
Later we went home and lay in bed. I am never going to the zoo again!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!