Underwater

It’s been a long day and Josephina was getting ready to sleep. The wind was blowing like a tornado was approaching. Josephina’s fingers went numb as she climbed into her old wooden bed waiting for night to come. Wrapped up in a blanket, Josephina struggled to sleep. It was as cold as if she was at the snow. Josephina dreamt about swimming, the feel of the water on her hands, relaxation it would be the most wonderful life. Morning came around and Josephina woke up to a normal work day. But something wasn’t so normal after all. To Josephina everything looked different.

It was colder and the air tasted salty and all Josephina could see was blue everywhere. All of a sudden Josephina started floating in the air. She felt wetness on her cheek. Could it be Josephina was in water. Josephina moved a bit too the left but bumped her head.Josephina was stuck in a tank. Josephina could see animals swimming past her and something blue coming towards her. It had a fin that stuck up and big black eyes and a swishy tail. Suddenly more blue things were surrounding her. They were sharks!!! They all had sharp pointy teeth and were all looking at Josephina. Josephina thought that it was wonderful to have a break and relax but not anymore. Josephina wondered if this was all a dream and that nothing happened but she couldn’t help it she thought it was real but her breathing under water was insane well that’s what she thought. She wondered if the sharks were gonna attack her or eat her and they looked big to her she wondered all these things to try to calm down but it was not helping one bit.

The sharks swam closer to Josephina like they were going to attack.Josephina fell to the floor thinking it’s all happening so fast. Josephina’s head hurt like her head was smashed against a rock. Josephina was cold inside but she had to fight. Josephina swam out of the tank and trying to get to shore but it was not easy. Josephina realized she and an oxygen mask so she could breathe. Josephina jumped to the sand and one shark came at her. She ducked and ran the other direction. The sharks were bigger than Josephina so they were easy to trick. Another shark opened it’s jaw at Josephina and came charging at her. Josephina floated above the shark.

Josephina jumped on a rock and landed on some coral. Josephina swam trying to get away from the sharks. She was climbing a piece of coral but a shark’s tail cut the seaweed. All the sharks were around Josephina. Josephina got back in the tank. Suddenly she heard a loud noise coming towards her. It was a man here to rescue Josephina. She stared at him. Before Josephina knew it a shark’s tail hit the oxygen mask. The man swam to Josephina and carried her to his boat were they escaped the sea. Josephina smiled at him.


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!