Candy Land

“Isla! Isla!” called Georgia.

Georgia was Isla’s best friend. They were at school at break time and Georgia said, “If we ask our parents this afternoon, I might be able to come over to your house.”

It was the end of the day and they asked their parents, and they both said it was OK.

So Georgia came over to Isla’s house. Straightaway they went to the garden. That was their favourite place to play. Suddenly, Georgia felt like she wanted to go to the forest. Isla grabbed her hand but it was too late. They were already at the forest and it was a big problem.

It was because Isla’s secret family door was in there and she wanted to keep it a secret. Inside the secret door every day was a different land. Today it was the Candy Land.

Isla said, “Fine, we can go in, but don’t tell anyone.”

“I won’t,” said Georgia.

They went through the door and it was so exciting for them because Isla had never been into the magical world before. First they met a gummy cat. To their surprise, it could walk and talk. It was alive!

It loved them so much and it said, “Can I come on your journey with you?” “Of course,” they both said.

So they walked along but it was a little strange because there was a wolf that was trying to take everyone’s powers away but he was disguised so no-one could see him. His real name was Dark Wolf. The little gummy cat gave Georgia and Isla special goggles so they could see Dark Wolf.

Gummy Cat said very quietly, “We’ve got to take his special necklace.” Gummy Cat had a plan. She said, “What we’ll do is I’ll sneak up behind a tree and you will walk along the path, then you’ll quickly grab it, and I’ll jump on him so he can’t move.”

So they did that but it didn’t work because the wolf was an illusion.

So then they had to put their goggles back on and start hunting for the real wolf. They found him, but Isla said it was just a trick. But Gummy Cat said it was the real one. But something else happened. It was actually the wolf’s secret lair and Dark Wolf was inside.

He was making a new invention. It was one that would rain
gum balls. Suddenly he came out with an umbrella and his new machine, and he started it. Isla and Georgia quickly ran over shouting, “Stop! Stop the machine!”

They were fighting him so much until they fell into a pool full of gum balls and they sank to the very bottom. Finally they got his special necklace which meant he was useless and had no more powers. And they gave every little bit of the power to Gummy Cat and the others who didn’t have powers.

And the world was a happy place again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!