Pancake Paradise

“I’m so bored of eating cereal” whispered Steve, he was eating in a little green and yellow bowl.
Steve’s dad roared, “I don’t care!” While clenching the salt and pepper that he was using for the egg he was going to eat. Steve also had a little chubby sister and his mum; he lived in an apartment near the grocery stores.

When Steve had finished his breakfast he went to his room which had everything in plastic boxes and comics in an untidy stack at the back of his room, he also had AFL posters all over his wall. He flopped onto his bed and said to himself, “I wish there was a world of pancakes.”
The next day when he came back from school he said, “Tomorrow is the school science fair but I don’t have anything to present!”
So he went up to his room muttering a lot of ideas. When he entered his room he shouted excitedly, “I’ll make a time machine!”
He was working all night fixing and screwing bolts until he fell asleep exhausted. The next morning he woke up and yelled “Science Fair!”
He went downstairs and ate his breakfast in a rush. Then he went back up to his room to get his time machine, when he suddenly realized he hadn’t tested his project. So he tested it. He secured the nozzle, and with a heavy breath and a push of a button he was gone! When he opened his eyes he realised that he was definitely not in the past. There were pancakes everywhere! There were pancake mountains with dollops of whipped cream, rainbow sprinkles and some rich chocolate sauce drizzled on top. Then out of the corner of his eye he saw a person made of pancakes! Then he realised it was his friend Bob, just in pancake version. He then realised that he was a pancake too! He decided he would stay there forever. What a great science project!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!