Candy Land

Candy Land
On April the 21st the most peculiar and most wonderful thing happened to one little boy. The boy’s name was Collin Quill and all of his classmates thought his name was very weird but his name was actually as normal as the next person. One day, on his thirteenth birthday he walked home from school.
He was just listening to the peaceful sound of the tweeting of the birds. Collin tried to look for the birds and they were high up in the tree, they were all so colourful. He saw one bird fly and he saw a flurry of red, green, white and a hint of blue.
While he was looking for the majestic birds, he accidently bumped into an old man who was very short and shrivelled up. He was holding a small goldish-brown bag. The old man gave him the bag and said there were magic crystals inside of it, if you soaked it in water overnight, added sugar and then drank it, you would be transported into another world. The man was nowhere to be seen after Collin looked up from the bag. He ran back home and did exactly what the man said.
Collin woke up the next day and prepared the potion for drinking. Just before he was going to drink it he pinched his nose because there was a terrific stench coming from it. Even when he pinched his nose while he drank it, it tasted absolutely revolting. Nothing happened at first, but then after he ate breakfast he felt very dizzy.
The next thing he knew, he was being transported and whirling around in a black hole. Plop! He was sitting on the soft ground which was actually very bouncy, Collin got up and looked around. He was very amazed because there was candy and goods as far as the eye can see.
The ground was jelly, houses were cupcakes, lakes were soda and melted chocolate and even the people were gummy bears. All of those things were edible and when you ate it, they immediately grew back and you didn’t even get cavities. Collin explored the candy valleys and he kept eating them. He was going around the world but then it was starting to get late.
He found a cupcake house that was as big as a mansion and stayed there for the night and went to bed straight away. The bed was so bouncy, as bouncy as two bouncy castles on top of each other. The next day he had such an adventure, the queen of Candy Land organised a party for him and gave him tour around the village.
Every day after that something new and wondrous happened to him, but, after a while Collin got bored and he wished that he was never here. He went to bed and the next day he was home! It turns out it was all just a dream.
By: Chrisha Gonzales

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!