Magic At Dawn

Once there lived a nice and kind man called Eddie. Eddie lived on a big island with a lake in the middle. At the edge of the island, there was a forest. He lived in a little hut with his wife.
He was really unlucky for several reasons. First, he was poor. Second, he had no baby. And if you think to reasons is a lot, well there was a third reason he was unlucky. The third reason he was unlucky was his father was blind.
Now let’s agree he was a very unlucky man…
One day his wife was feeling cold. He remembered that there was a burnt tree in the forest to get some sticks for a fire. So, he grabbed his bag, got on his bike and rode there.
When he got to the forest, he jumped off his bike and went further and further, deeper and deeper into the forest. The wind moaned around him. Then he reached the burnt tree. Suddenly, he heard something in the tree. He looked up and to his surprise… it was a PEGASUS!
He quickly turned around and ran away to his bike but hesitated. He then remembered his cold wife. So, he slowly crept up to the burnt tree and saw the Pegasus stuck in a tree. Suddenly, the Pegasus spoke in human language.
“Please don’t leave me here,” said the Pegasus, “if you get me down I will give you one wish.” At last fortune favoured him. So, he got a big stick, hit the branch out of the way and the Pegasus safely flew down.
“What shall you wish for?” asked the Pegasus.
“I don’t know,” replied Eddie.
“Come back at dawn to wish but if you can’t think of anything you can’t have your wish,” said the Pegasus. Eddie quickly rode back to his house and told his wife what happened. He asked his wife what she wanted. She said, “I want a beautiful baby.” But Eddie was unsure.
Suddenly, an idea came to him. He knew exactly what his wish would be. He made his way to the burnt tree to meet the Pegasus. There she was, like a magician.
“There you are Eddie. Have you decided what your wish will be?” asked the Pegasus.
“Yes I have,” answered Eddie, “I wish for my father to see my wife rocking our baby in a ruby cradle.”
Eddie could hear the sound of a baby crying. From that day on he was a very lucky man.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!