Geoff's Wish

Once upon a time, there was a very unlucky man named Geoff. He was unlucky for several reasons: first he was poor; second he lived on the street and third he had no food and it was cold and dirty on the street.

One day, the man went out to find food so he grabbed his pocket knife and headed off. When the man was looking for food he stumbled across some ancient ruins……. So he decided to go into the ruins. In the ruins he found some berries and started to eat them. He heard something and turned around suddenly. In front of him was a two-headed desert turtle. The man was trying to stab the two-headed creature with his pocket knife. Suddenly the two-headed creature turned to him and spoke to him in human language. “Do not kill me, if you don’t I shall grant you one wish”. The man was pleased.

The man thought to himself. “I should wish for food”. “Oh, how silly of me, I should wish for a house”. “No, I should wish for money”. The man thought and thought but couldn’t decide. He had three problems but one wish.

Suddenly, the man had a clever thought and turned to the turtle and said. “I wish for a golden house with lots of food inside”.

After that, he was a very lucky man.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!