Candy Land

It was a cold and misty Christmas morning when Audrey and I ran downstairs to our lounge where the Christmas tree was standing.
Audrey and I gasped, as we looked at all the Christmas presents with the pretty blue wrapping paper and the silver bows. Mum came in with hot chocolate, and shouted Merry Christmas!! Audrey and I ripped open our presents; I got a pair of new shoes, a shiny purple bag and some silver sunglasses. Audrey got a pretty pink dress, a yellow and white necklace, and a golden infinity bracelet.
There was one more present left it was huge, it was so colourful, just like a rainbow, and it had a sparkly gold ribbon tied on it. We opened it up and Audrey searched for the present but the box was empty.
We called mum and dad, and asked them why we received an empty box. Mum and Dad informed us that they didn’t know where the box came from. Audrey and I were confused so we disappeared into our bedroom upstairs, with the mysterious box. Suddenly, as I was about to close the box, it began to glow and a square piece of paper came out that said ‘GO INSIDE ME’.
At first, Audrey and I were scared to go inside but then we decided to take on the challenge. As soon as we slithered into the box, we were flying down and loud funky music was heard. It felt like we were in a tornado. Just then the music stopped and we fell onto the ground that surprisingly smelt like gingerbread. Sweet smells filled the atmosphere but just then we heard someone shout.
It was a little green gummy bear that spoke and he asked us if we were alright. We told the gummy bear that we were alright and that we didn’t get hurt. Then the gummy bear told us that we didn’t look familiar. Audrey and I informed the gummy bear that we were from earth. Although the little green gummy bear did not know what earth was he greeted us with a hug and toured us around Candy Land.
Candy Land was unbelievable with a melted chocolate river, red and white candy cane trees, yellow bubble-gum for the sun, a sour strip rainbow, fairy floss clouds, cupcake houses, gingerbread roads and marshmallow stairs.
The gummy bear began to speak again and he wept to us that today’s the parade for the new Candy Land Candy King, and all the helpers to set up the parade had left. He asked us if we could help him. We told him that we would be happy to help him, so we did.
We helped the gummy bear roll out the bright red, sour strip carpet, for the new Candy Land Candy King to arrive on, we helped him find some people to hold up little flags with candies on them to hold when they are on the floats and we got all the candy kids to wear candy themed costumes for the event.
Just then, the parade started and everyone cheered as the King arrived. The King was a giant rainbow gummy bear with a bright red cape and a shiny golden crown, and then he stood on the podium and gave his speech.
After the inspiring speech, the Candy King approached to Audrey and me. Then he gifted us a snow globe with Candy Land inside it. The Candy Land King thanked us for helping to set up the parade then he and the little green gummy bear waved goodbye. “Hope you visit again soon,” cheered the King and the little green gummy bear.
We unfortunately waved goodbye and then Audrey and I jumped back into the box and the funky music began to play again, just then the music stopped and Audrey and I fell onto our beds. We quickly checked the time and it was still 9:30, so now Audrey and I know that when you are in Candy Land the time in the normal world doesn’t change.
We had a great time in Candy Land. Just then, mum knocked on the door and told us to come downstairs for breakfast. We carefully placed the snow globe onto our bedside table and ran downstairs. It was awesome going to Candy Land, we will never forget it!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!