Ebony

It was a normal day when Ebony experienced something paranormal in her life. She was playing with her Labrador, which she had saved up for for months, when she heard a strange sound. It was almost a rattling sound, one which a rattle snake might give occasionally, but had a ring to it, like a doorbell.

Being the curious girl she was, she investigated it and stepped inside the closet, in her mum’s bedroom, on which the sound was coming from. CREAK! Ebony jumped, as a loud, creaking sound came from beneath her. She realised she was stepping on stairs! She kept going, although she was quite frightened.

After stepping along spirals of stairs, Ebony came face to face with a town, which was almost the opposite of the dark, haunting stairway. She cautiously walked into the town.

She stood quite baffled by the mushroom houses and strange people. They greeted her and lead her into a cave. The cave was damp and dark, and Ebony disliked both of those things so she ran out of the two celery people’s arms and out of the cave. She needed to get home and she couldn’t slow down now.

As she ran out of the cave and into crowds of people, she noticed something strange going on. Queues of people were lined up between many rides and rollercoasters and many were walking around with an ice-cream or fairy floss. Now the confused Ebony saw everything with crystal clarity. A celebration was going on! She was ultimately squashed by many tiny people and tried to wriggle out of the crowd but failed.

After what seemed like ages, she managed to get out of the crowd and ran as fast as she could. However, after quite a long time, Ebony realised she was getting nowhere. She found herself in the woods, woods she didn’t remember from before. So she ran in the other direction, but to no avail. She came face to face with a huge boulder. This massive boulder had the shape of a door carved in it and a hollow inside.

Ebony threw caution to the wind and went inside. Suddenly, she came face to face with paradise! She saw in front of her her dream house! There were two stories, her own bedroom, TV’s in every room, and so many dogs that she could hardly breathe!
Now, just as Ebony thought she could relax, a tumbling noise sounded. She jumped with surprise as the door of the house was blocked with many rocks, and as much as Ebony tried, she couldn’t unblock the door.

All of a sudden, Ebony came up with an idea. She jumped through the window that was placed on the second floor and landed on a trampoline! Now, she found herself in her garden bouncing up and down on her birthday present. Ebony was extremely surprised, but she was overall happy. Now, I don’t think Ebony went and investigated anymore noises, do you?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!