Underwater Mission


“Yay!” I exclaimed. “You’ve never let me go on an underwater mission before, Mum!”
“This is just a treat and Dad’s coming with you, okay?”
“Sure is,” I answered super excitedly.
Our house was a massive underground base with a normal house on top of the land with a big river that flows into our secret garage. It had seven rooms, a lounge room with two televisions, my bedroom, my sister’s bedroom, Mum and Dad’s room and a study.
I was ready. I didn’t have to pack much food because the trip was going to take only one day. I had also packed a handgun just in case I somehow got attacked, and two bags of medical supplies. “Kssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhh” Went the submarine as it detached from the wall. Luckily, I knew how to drive it. I was very experienced in things like this. We had planned on going to look at the wreckage of the Titanic. Dad was coming with me.
We were approaching the very famous Titanic. “Wow!” I exclaimed. “Isn’t that amazing!”
“Sure is,” agreed Dad.
There were loads of seaweed and fish. You could see the massive hole where the iceberg had hit the ship. I had a strange feeling inside my body. I wonder if this is a good idea I thought.
Crash! The submarine crashed into something! I saw something big dart across the window. Dad came rushing into the co-pilot’s seat next to me. “Are there any leaks?!” he asked.
“I don’t think so,” I answered back.
“Good,” Dad said. “I’ll go check the rest of the sub, okay?”
“Okay!” I yelled over the roaring of the sub’s engines. Then I noticed a switch with a label underneath. It read: THREE PERSON ROBO-SUIT. When Dad came back from checking the sub for leaks, I asked him, “What does that switch do?” pointing to the switch.
“It turns the submarine into a three person robo-suit, hence the name. One person mans a cannon hand, another person drives it, while the last person mans a hand that can turn into a sword, okay?” Dad told me.
“Okay,” I answered and added, “can I flick it?”
“Do what you want to do.” Dad answered.
Crash! The submarine got knocked around again. I flicked the switch.
We had set the sword that can turn into a hand to auto because there was only two of us. Dad was driving and I was manning the cannon-hand. I aimed the cannon hand out at the water, ready to fire at any sudden movement. That’s when I saw it. A giant evil squid with dark green eyes. I fired. I missed. I fired again. The waterproof bullet smacked hard against the squid’s chest. It was dead. I ran into the cockpit and hugged Dad. We had won.
“We did it Dad, we did it!” I exclaimed.
“I know, Steve,” Dad said. “Let’s get some of that squid. Mum likes it.”
“That sounds great, Dad,” I said.


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!