Zoo Disaster

Lillie thought it was going to be an ordinary day…But when she went home she was thrilled to tell her mum that she could go to the American zoo with her class. Her mum was mind-blown and uncompromising at the same t e might have been able to afford it. Her mum was not the richest mum in fact she was a bit poor.

She went to school the next day and everybody in her class ad brought the notice and the money. She was jaw dropped she hadn’t even brought a cent. The teacher asked her why she hadn’t brought the money or even the notice she was too embarrassed to say that she might not have been able to go. She was struggling to think of an excuse so she just said “my mum is going to hand it in tomorrow.” When she got home she was very disappointed she asked her mum if she could hand it in tomorrow and her mum said I’ll try my best to get the money.

Her mum handed in the money Lillie was delighted. On the 14th of April she went on her trip to America she was sitting on the bus with her best friend Sally it took forever to get there but eventually when she got there it was 11:30 am. They arrived at the zoo she saw all here favourite animals like giraffes, snakes, and more then when she went over to the lions she was frightened to death she ran away and her school went the other way she lost them and she was petrified.

Then she saw a peripheral image of the school walking into the bus she sprinted as fast as she could….but she was to late the bus started going without her, she was stuck there forever, “ NOOOOO” said Lillie terrified. She didn’t know what to do she tried to think of something suddenly a light bulb came into her head I’ll ask the zoo register to call my best friend Sally I know her number of by heart. The zoo manager said sorry we can’t call random people. Lillie gave up on herself and she started to cry. She stayed overnight at the zoo she had no home and no food “I want to go home “sobbed Lillie.

The next day she walked out of the zoo and saw a telephone box she put money in and called her mum “mum help me I’m at the American zoo still “said Lillie “what, why and how “ said her mum it’s too long to tell but can you come to America and pick me up I’m really scared. “ yes I will just stay at the statue of liberty and I’ll pick you up from there “ ok mum please come quick I’m frightened” said Lillie. 4 days later still no sight of mum Lillie was beginning to get frightened I wish I never came here. 7 days later I think I saw an image of my mum coming towards me I was thrilled “mum” I yelled out. I was so excited to see my mum said Lillie.” I finally came back to Australia everybody was so excited to see me and they wanted to hear my survival story and till this day I still tell how I survived the zoo.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!