The Terror

On a Radiant day Tori Wickens woke to the sound of a pony whinnying. It was Kirby. Desperate for breakfast as usual. She got up and fed him and came inside. Her Mother was eating a piece of cold toast, her eyes glued to the TV. "Windy and snowy forecast for your area." Tori heeded the Warning. She rushed outside and put Kirby's dirty halter on him and rushed him into his stable. He lightly neighed as the first flakes fell. The wind started to pick up and to Tori's horror a huge cloud of icy snow flew toward the stable and Tori got snowed in with Kirby. Kirby nibbled his last wisps of hay and then realised what was going on. Tori swore he screamed in horse language. Her brother, James ran into the stable, smashing down the wall of powdery snow, just for it to be snowed up again. As if he had planned it, James ran up to Tori and covered her in a hug as she fell to the floor. "James, this isn't like the cartoons you watch, it actually hurts." Tori told the psycho boy. James was tired. Smashing through that wall was hard for him. Tori chose James the softest hay, gave him Kirby's cleanest rug, and waited with him till he settled to sleep. Tori felt her own eyelids grow heavy, Then everything went Black. When Tori awoke she stared at the debris which was once a tack room, then looked at the other side of the stable which was completely demolished. Then Tori realised her left arm bruising painfully. It was Broken. James was lucky enough to have slept on the safe side of the stable and was still sleeping. Tori saw the piece of debris that had broke her arm. There was dark-red blood on it. She turned and looked at the house. There was nothing wrong apart from a bit of timber and Tori's drenched math project on the frosty ground in front of her. Without warning, her mum emerged from the house and embraced Tori into a hug. Then her mum noticed her bruised arm. She went inside and called the nearest doctor. "He said he'll be here as soon as possible." said Tori's mum. Now she gently took her daughter into another hug. Then James ran out and expanded the hug. They were a family reunited from the snow storm, "The Terror".

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!