You Could Never Guess...

I am in my bed just wondering if I can get out. It's the 2nd of January, 3998 and I am still knocked out from our New Years celebrations. However, I don't have time to be tired and weary, I need to finish off what I came here for. Scientists have made an alarming discovery that there is something heading towards Earth at rapid speed. Some people assume it is a UFO! I am here with my team to expel this so cold UFO once and for all. We have been working on this machine that can gain power and when it's time it heaves all the power and forces the UFO back to where it came from. It's not that simple though, we only have minimal time left to build this life saving machine.

I got ready and now I am heading to our confidential laboratory to check out the progress of this life saving machine. My team has made so much progress as they have been up for days without any sleep to get this machine ready. Some of the people look like they've got fairy floss on their heads others are trying to sneak in a few seconds of sleep. I can't say anything though, because I have been able to go home and have a few hours of rest. One of them members of my team come up to me and say "Madam, I think we're ready for the big launch" I reply by saying "Fantastic! We'll get this up and running at 6pm tonight after you have added the final touches and then it's goodbye to that UFO". After our mission is complete we can return to where be belong, the present, and know that there will be no alien invasions.

"5,4,3,2,1" this launch will save the lives of many innocent people. We are now watching our machine hurtle into space. It's about 6 seconds away from this unidentified flying object and "BOOM!...Sayonara UFO". There is a gush of happiness around the lab.

Everyone is getting ready to head home in the time machine back to the present. We've all had a dinner out to congratulate our achievement. We are now walking to the time machine which is quite large as we can fit all our team in it. Now we have reached the time machine and packing into it. Sam, one of the team members types in the details to the time machine so we can return back to where we came from. We reached home but it seems to be quieter than usual. I mean I was also expecting a grand congratulation when we got back to recognise our achievements. As were walking around we see something that no one expected to see. It is a tall, slimy, prodigious figure with frivolous eyes poking out of it head and a large crumpled trunk coming out of the centre of its face. To top it all off it is levitating! It's an alien! Then a huge flash rises above us...We all are screaming. You'll never guess what it is...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!