Canvas

When a young girl was born, her life was essentially a canvas. A blank slate, waiting to be painted with the colours of her life.

As she grew, her canvas became a bright, vivid masterpiece with her loved ones, her joys and her memories filling the portrait. It was a sight to behold; the story of her life held entirely within a frame. Anyone who looked upon it could see the spectacle of her life; a true blessing.

Tragedy, however, has other plans and decided to wreck the beautiful painting. He tore his claws across the painting, painting over it with black. Her life had fallen apart, and all traces of a once beautiful artwork, now gone.

The girl couldn't stand to look upon the remnants of what once was, too heartbroken that everything she once loved was gone.

The colour, dull and dark. The smooth surface, now torn and shredded. The frame on the wall, barely holding on and on the edge of letting go.

Her life was no longer the object of beauty, but rather a depiction of tragedy.

When she thought all was lost, Hope cane along. He came along in her darkesy days and brought her a candle. Despite it being small compared to the dark around her, it gave her the possibility to get out of the dark.

One word. One word from Hope, and her life suddenly brighter.

Restart.

Restart her painting with a bigger canvas, brighter colours and a bigger story. The girl didn't know if she could, especially after what happened. If she could ever enjoy life once again.

Hope simply replied, "You'll never know if you never try."

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!