Obscurial

Percival was a strange boy. He could control things with his mind and destroy things at will. At moments, all of this would explode at once. This, in the wizarding world be known as an Obscurial, and it was only caused by suppressing their magic.
The strangest part about Percival though, was the fact that he could control the points, when the magic burst out of him.
Even though he wanted with all his heart to be able to use it freely he was forced to supress it by his non-magical family as they thought it would bring shame to their name.

In fact, they hated it so much they locked him in his room and starved him if they heard any of it. To his defence he didn’t know anything was wrong with him. He thought everyone was like this.
Then one night his hatred started building up inside him, like a bucket filling would, a bucket about to overflow. He turned into a flying pile of black dust, killing everything that it touched, and then he touched, his parents. He was so overwhelmed with sadness that he turned back into himself.
Even though he despised his parents he thought he still slightly understood why they did this to him, because they loved him, and he loved them back.
He almost automatically decided that he would have to suppress it even more to not harm anyone, no matter what the cause.
Percival dug holes for his dead parents in his back yard, and then, for no reason at all, he blacked out.
He awoke in this strange place. People where carrying sticks and bottles of some strange pink liquid.
He looked down at himself and saw that he had chains around his ankles and wrists, and that someone, a girl perhaps, was looking at him, somewhat exasperating him with that contented stare.
Then she walked of and left Percival there wondering whether she knew more about him the he did. He then heard a gruff voice, one that sound somewhat familiar, saying that he was a “Class B” disaster and that his stupid non-magical parents shouldn’t have put him in this state.

That pushed him over the line, rage consumed him he turned into the black dust again. But now that he knew what was happening he could slightly control it.
He heard this voice in head, as he heard it looks of terror gazed upon him, it was like they could hear it to. Frightened of what might happen he forced himself to think of everything bad that happened to him.
This managed to calm him down but then he blacked out again. He awoke to hear more voices, discussing how to help him, saying that he couldn’t and that it would eventually consume him, but then someone noticed he was awake.
That was the girl, she screamed thinking that Percival would transform again and then something green came out of the stick she was carrying killing Percival.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!