Easter Night

The dim,pale moonlight shone brightly through the dark blue curtains onto my face. I was wakened by a rustling sound just outside my window. It was exactly 12:00, this kind of scared me. I hopped out of bed and almost tripped because my blanket was twisted around my ankles. I dived onto the old fashioned window seat and peered out of the window, their was a strange figure placing shiny oval shaped objects in the rose bush outside." The Easter bunny!" I whispered a little to loud.

"I thought mum and dad put the Easter eggs out in the yard?". This time I must have said it way to loud because the strange figure suddenly looked at me and it's blue-ish glowing eyes quickly turned red. As soon as I blinked it had grown at least two meters tall! I rubbed my eyes in confusion and once again glanced downwards through the window to the bunny and it was climbing the water pipes up my house to my room, chanting " YOU DON'T BELIEVE IN ME!!!" Over and over in a loud booming voice.

I was terrified, I ran into the middle of the room, clueless about the situation I was in, then something caught my eye. "The air vents !" I said with a little joy. I raced over to the vent and pulled out the loose screws and squeezed my way into the airway. It was nice and cool. The air vent I was in made it past my parents room onto the roof. I crawled up hoping that the bunny monster wouldn't follow, but I was wrong. A scratchy furry hand grasped it's paw around my ankle and pulled me back down. "MUUUUUM DAAAAD!!!" I tried to scream but no sound came out. I kicked and thrashed about until I was free and continued climbing until I reached my parents room

" mum dad,can anyone hear me?". I peered through their vent opening but they weren't even there. "The bunny monster must have gotten them" I mumbled. I strived to keep climbing until I reached the rooftop, no matter how much I needed my ventolin. I was almost there but I froze still after I had heard the bunny monster say " no matter how much you climb, I'll still get you Lyra". How on earth did it know my name? Not long after I had reached the rooftop and looked down and noticed the pool was close enough to land in if I jumped.

" if it comes I'll just jump" I said to myself. I looked back. Nothing. Everything was silent. I heard soft footsteps coming from the air vents. I prepared my self to jump, as I was going to jump but a voice in my ear, harsh and raspy whispered "boo". I screamed as I was pushed off the two story building, I was so close to the pool but I missed.

The scarlet red sun was the same colour of my blood as it rose. It made my blood look shiny like silk, I was a ghost, a spirit. I wondered what my unfinished business was if I was a ghost?. I could hear screams of sadness coming from the house. I drifted through my open window out my door from my room and into the hall. I followed the cries of agony into my parents room and saw a terrifying sight, their laying on the floor was a bunny suit. my dad was kneeling next to it screaming " I THOUGHT SHE WOULD LAND IN THE POOL!!!" "OH MY SWEET LYRA IM SO SORRY!!!".

I slowly started to fade away "I guess my unfinished business was finding out who my killer was" I said as I was fading away to heaven.



THE END

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!