Zombie Apocalypse

Jake is a tall skinny boy with messy jet black hair. He is 13 years old, lives in a street with heaps of houses and has a best friend named Norman. His life was pretty normal, until, The Apocalypse.
It all started when Professor Emmet Gillderwater and Professor Albert Sycamore were developing a medicine to cure cancer. After 20 years of research they thought they had a major breakthrough. They found a man and they asked him, “Do you have cancer?”
He replied, “Yes.”
So they injected formula 972 into him. The man started to change. First his hair started to fall out, then some of his skin fell off. He let out a groan and the Professors saw what they had created.
It took one swipe at Professor Sycamore and one at Professor Gillderwater. Both swipes hit, both Professors were sent flying across the room and smashed into a desk with a deafening thud. When they got up they were zombies, just like the man. They hid in a cave, until…
Jake was racing through the mountains to get to his house. After a while he stumbled along a cave and decided to explore. He went deep into the cave and heard a groan. He was curious so he searched for the source of the noise, and he found, the zombies.
He started to run away from the zombies but they were hot on his heels. Jake got home first. He shut and locked the door.
Jake called Norman and told him “Come to my house through the back door.”
Norman followed Jake’s instructions and went into the house. He walked past Jake and headed towards the front door.
“DON’T OPEN THE DOOR!!!” Screamed Jake.
“Why?” asked Norman. His question was answered without Jake saying anything.
“BRAINZZ!!!” yelled the zombies.
The noise startled Norman and, (being clumsy) he tripped and fell flat on his face. “OOOOOOWWWWW,” he moaned.
“How do we stop them?” asked Jake.
“I don’t know,” Norman replied.
Then as if a switch flicked in both of their heads, they yelled at the same time. “FLAME THROWERS!!!”
“One problem,” said Jake.
“Where do we get them?”
“Der, from the gun shop,” replied Norman.
“To the gun shop then,” said Jake.
Jake exits out the back door and Norman follows. They reach the gun shop.
“Closed,” said Norman.
“But unlocked,” said Jake.
They enter the shop.
“Just what we needed,” said Jake as he stared at the flame throwers.
They grab a flame thrower each and run to Jake’s house.
“YAAAAAA” they both yell while shooting.
They hit two out of three zombies. The two that got hit transformed back to human.
“Two down one to go,” said Jake while lining up his shot.
Jake pulled the trigger and hit the zombie. It transformed back to human.
“We won!” yelled Jake.
Like I said that experience changed Jake a lot.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!