Underwater Adventure

Aaaah! My brain took a few seconds to process what was happening. Oh, My Gosh! I was being carried away from shore by the tide. “Help,” I cried. It was no use, no one could hear me. Crash! A wave thundered over me with a bang. I was pushed underwater. There was no way out. I couldn’t stand it anymore I had to ……. BREATHE! OMG! Me …. I, I could breathe. UNDERWATER! It’s like I’m a mermaid! Glancing down I hoped I would see a tail, hoped that I had turned into a mermaid. Instead I saw a pair of regular human legs. “Hello young lady “. I turned around and saw a turtle was speaking to me! “You’re …. you’re a turtle,” I stammered. “Of course, I am. What else would I would I be,” he questioned curiously. “Well,” I began. “Yes, yes of course you want to find your way up to shore.” “How did you,” I murmured before he cut me of again. “No, no I’m not a mind reader. No, it was not a lucky guess because I knew what you wanted because I know everything. Even so everyone wants to go to shore these days. So, go ahead ask me,” he roared! I could see he was in a bad mood so I quickly swam away before he could yell anymore. After swimming along for a while I decided to take a rest. I saw a big clam that looked comfy and perfect for sleeping in. Suddenly ……. BAM! I slammed into a piece of coral and went tumbling …… Down ……... Down ……… Down. I awoke with a jolt to the sound of…... “How dare you,” screamed a young girl, “How dare you fall asleep in my royal garden. I’m a princess you know,” she shouted. “Why would you ignore my wonderful advice,” demanded the turtle from earlier that day.
“You fell asleep in me,” accused a clam shell. With everyone yelling at me and screaming at me, I… I fainted! When I awoke, I realised it was all just a dream.

The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!